In the times of pandemic, medical professionals are increasingly interested in new technology and telecare. We have recently trained 70 pelvic floor physiotherapists from Great Britain, Croatia, Latvia, Switzerland, and Spain!
Among other things, we have entered into collaboration with the Mummy MOT, an organization that brings together 400 physiotherapists from Great Britain and supports women in the postnatal period. Mommy MOT specializes in three areas – working with physicians and clinics, physical therapy and sports rehabilitation, and working with fitness centers. The organization’s concept combines the latest medical technology and tailored support in individual training.
The founder of Simply Pelvic Health, Simply Women’s Health, and the Mummy MOT is Maria Elliott. She’s been actively engaged for 30 years in initiatives for women’s health, and is one of the leading British practitioners dealing with the pelvic health of both women and men.
She’s a licensed postnatal physiotherapist and an instructor of Clinical Pilates, focusing in her work on helping women and men improve their pelvic health and reach the right balance through manual therapy, dynamic rehabilitation, and functional rehabilitation.
Maria works closely with leading consultants from Pelvic Health London, experts in the fields of biomechanics, urology, gynecology, pain treatment, and functional rehabilitation in order to provide integrated, comprehensive regeneration programs for men and women alike.
The plan of action
In July we invited all Mummy MOT specialists to join an online training course, which was to let them become familiar with the potential of PelviFly and encourage them to engage in a long-term collaboration. During the 3-hour training course we covered, among others:
Recommended methods increasing the effectiveness of the exercises:
- Types of sensors used in pelvic floor muscle assessment and re-education – advantages and disadvantages,
- Application of biofeedback (visual and sensory),
- Vibration training.
The use of PelviFly in functional tests and exercises of pelvic floor muscles:
- The methodology of exercising with PelviFly
- An analysis of exercise parameters and charts
- Designing individual training plans
- Additional recommendations to increase the effectiveness of training
- The progression of the training difficulty level
Would you like to know the exact training schedule? You can sign up for it too!
What comes after the course?
The course is a form of preparation to using PelviFly in the office and to monitor patients’ training remotely. It provides specialists with knowledge on how to make the right use of the tools we offer:
- SETS OF EXERCISES focusing on: strength, endurance, speed, control, relaxation
- MUSCLE STRENGTH TEST based on the Oxford Scale and the Perfect test
- VIBRATION used in training as a form of biofeedback with a fixed amplitude (3 levels of vibration set for the patient for a given training session)
- ACCESS TO TRAINING RESULTS – assessment of patients’ progress based on statistical data and charts
- 1-ON-1 CHAT to communicate directly with each patient
- DESIGNING TRAINING PLANS – incorporating different types of training, vibration, and exercise positions